Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Making my new house home little by little

We have officially been in our new house 38 days.  Within 10 days we had been broken into, and just this last week I hit a friends car.  Needless to say it has been a doozie of a month for our family.  

Meanwhile I am slowly getting this turned into our home.  It is a beautiful house but of course I have this need to put my own stamp on it.  

I have bought a few new pieces of furniture and now made some curtains for the living room.

Everything in this picture is new.  It's a great little corner for Chai and a book.

I am in dire need of some ideas for what to do with the lampshade.  Rosettes? burlap ruffles? a new one all together?  I'm at a loss.  Help me out!  

  

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to where you got your curtains?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I made them. The fabric was from hobby lobby.

      Delete

Be sure to add your email to your comment!